Chain drive – robust and versatile
The chain drive is the most resilient solution for linear systems. Its robust steel chain works well even in difficult environments and ensures drive force is reliably transmitted. In its most compact design, the chain runs entirely within the groove of the aluminium profile. This means that power can be transmitted securely and reliably to the slide.
The chain drive can be used in a variety of ways:
- As a conveyor for workpiece carriers and products that are placed directly on the chain (Chain Transfer Unit)
- As a traction device for the slides of linear axes (chain drive)
- As a drive for conveyor rollers (Chain-Driven Conveyor Rollers)
Due to its flexibility and strength, the chain drive is ideal for breaking up bottlenecks and for linear units carrying high mechanical loads. It can be combined with various linear slides from item.
- Robust for contaminated environments
- Excellent power transmission for the long term
- Speed (max.): 2 m/s, repeat accuracy: +/- 0.5 mm, stroke length (max.): 5700 mm, applied load (max.): 1400 N
The efficient linear systems from item enable users to develop automatic solutions of the highest standards.